Saturday, May 9, 2015

Vacation....

It's been almost one full week since I ran my first marathon.
The day after I ran.... I drove from Pittsburgh to The Outer Banks. 12 hours in the car, with two kids, two and under, and Drew's mother, Dale.
My left leg was begging to be chopped off.

But... I felt so good in that bikini. :)
Hard work pays off.

I indulged all week.
I haven't worked out since I ran on Sunday.
I ate a lot of junk.
I feel yucky.
I feel lazy.
I feel grimy.. on the inside.

I know that RIGHT NOW my body is reflecting my hard work.
BUT if I keep up this crap eating and lazy attitude, I know that very soon it will reflect that instead.
So, today, I am back to it.

I have made a promise to myself to set a good example for my babies to follow.
I have made a commitment to my health, and while every so often, it is okay to take a SHORT break, I know that it is time to recommit.
My body has recovered from the run I put it through.
It is time to start pushing myself once more.
When I feel like being lazy, like being unhealthy, I try to remember how I felt before I made a change.
I was so unhappy.
I was mean to myself.
I was impatient with my kids. (All the time.)
So.... time to get back to it. Because I want to keep on being a good example. I want to be healthy.
I like to have energy.
And I love seeing these happy faces, and knowing that I am teaching them how to live a healthy life.


Today, P90X3: The Warrior.
Because that's what I am. :)
#beachbody

No comments:

Post a Comment