Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy (late) Mother's Day!

Yesterday was Mother's Day. My third one since having Kieran, the first one since Silas has been born.

My kids are my world.
They are my reason to make good decisions.
The reason I changed my entire life.
The reason I get up early each morning and try to be focused, even when I would really love to lay my head back down and sleep.
The reason I lay awake late at night, wondering if I was there enough for them that day.
They are the reason I have permanent black circles beneath my eyes.... but they are also the reason that I have laugh lines already, at the age of 22.
They are the reason my hair is constantly in a huge knot at the top of my head, to prevent little hands from getting trapped in it.... but they are also the reason it has grown so long.

I have stayed up countless nights, soothing them, nursing them, rocking them, walking around, singing nonsense words to familiar tunes. I have changed more diapers, used more ointment, taken more temperatures, and dressed another person more times than I would have ever dreamed was possible... and my older child is not even 3 yet.
I have loved more than I ever thought was humanly possible. I have laughed harder and cried harder than I ever knew I could. I have been more frustrated than I have ever been in my life. I have yelled.... Oh, have I yelled.
I have never been more alive.



Motherhood is hard.
It is rough and demanding and scary and impossible.
It is amazing.

And all of the mothers I know- you are all amazing, too.
Keep up the good work!!



No comments:

Post a Comment